IPL Media Rights Tender – IPL Tender LIVE Updates: BCCI on Wednesday gave a very important update to the POTENTIAL BIDDERS. The update can further up the ante for the MEDIA RIGHTS Value. The bidders were informed that IPL 2023 & 2024 will be played with same format of 74 GAMES. But IPL 2025 onwards number of matches will increase: Follow IPL Media Rights Tender LIVE Updates with InsideSport.IN
IPL 2023-2027 Media Rights Tender – Increase in the number of matches?
- IPL 2023 & 2024: 74 Matches will be played
- IPL 2025 & 2026: Matches will Increase to 84
- IPL 2027: Matches can increase to 94 (Not Confirmed but likely)
When the BCCI member working on the BID was asked for clarity on the increase in number of matches. This is what he had to say – “This means Potential Bidders will BID for 400 Matches and rest of the VALUES if the increase happens will be calculated on PRO-RATA BASIS”
IPL Media Rights Tender: BCCI does meeting with POTENTIAL BIDDERS, explains the possible increase in IPL Matches from 74 to 90 PLUS: Follow IPL Tender LIVE Updates
IPL Media Rights Tender – World’s Costliest Sports Properties: BCCI has declared in OPEN that IPL Media Rights Value will set new Sports Industry Benchmark.
Now with the increase in number of matches BCCI can acutally create a industy BENCHMARK.
Amercian Football league, NFL is the World’s Costliest Sports property in term of Per Match Value. BCCI and some industry experts are predicting that the UNTHINKABLE can happen and IPL Tender can shatter all previous records.
- NFL Per Match Value – $17MN
- IPL Currently at No. 4 in the World’s Costliest Sports Property list. IPL Per match value in comparison to NFL is $8.5MN (54 Crore Per Game – Dollar Value in chart taken of the time when the rights were sold in 2018)
- Premier League, Major League Baseball ahead than IPL Currently
- Base Price of IPL Tender has already made it 2nd most costliest sports property in the World on PER MATCH VALUE.
IPL Media Rights Tender: At 133 Crore per match NFL Costliest Sporting property, can IPL Media Rights Value break the RECORD? Follow IPL Tender Live Updates
According to industry estimates, IPL Per Match value in the e-auction will easily cross 100 Crore mark. And if that happens, IPL will become the World’s second most Costliest Sporting property.
IPL will overtake the likes of Premier League, Major League Baseball in Per Match Value:
The incumbent, Star India, acquired IPL media rights at Rs 16,348 crore for the 2018-22 period.
For the 2023-27 period, the BCCI has set the base price at Rs 32,890 crore.
The base price for TV rights is Rs 49 crore per match. Digital rights base-price is Rs 33 crore per match.
From the industry perspective contrarian views are coming up on the values. Few like Elara Securities have predicted bid in RANGE of 60,000 Crore for entire package.
This will take IPL Per Match value above NFL which looks unlikely according to others.
“TV price per match may not see increase more than 20-25%. But the big increase will come from Digital Rights package. All put together the values can touch 115-120 Cr per match according to our estimates. Anything above that will be very difficult for anyone to digest”, said Sports Media Rights veteran and CEO of Sporty Solutionz Ashish Chadha
“I will not be surprised if it doesn’t cross Rs 40,000 crore. But competitive heat can take it over, Rs 50000 crore. But I really doubt it will go there” declared Harish Thawani, former CEO of Neo Sports
IPL Media Rights Tender: IPL per match value ready to cross 100 Crore, ‘will overtake Premier League to become world’s No. 2 costliest sporting property’
World’s Costliest Sports Properties: Currently, America’s National Football League (NFL) is considered to be the costliest SPORTS-PROPERTY in the World.
The per match value of NFL is in the range of 17.36MN i.e 133 Crores per match. This is followed by Premier League. EPL per match costs comes to round about 81 Crore per game.
According to InsideSport estimates – IPL Media Rights which currently stands at 54 Crore per match should easily cross the Premier League per match values.
This will make IPL the 2nd COSTLIEST Sports property in the WORLD. Even at Base Price, IPL now is almost equal to Premier League per match value figures.
“We are confident IPL Media Rights will set new bench-marking for the sports industry. Don’t want to predict any number. But BCCI is confident that it will be a record breaking number”, said BCCI’s Treasurer Arun Dhummal to InsideSport.
NOTE: In the GRAPH above IPL Per Match Value given is 8.5 MN. It is as per the Dollar exchange rate in 2018. As per the Dollar Exchange rate of today IPL Per Match Value is 6.9MN (54 Crore per match)
The BCCI has done away with composite bids this time.
A company can put in bids for all categories, but each of those bids will be considered as separate and the winner will be decided on the basis of the highest bid in each category.
IPL MEDIA Rights E-AUCTION Schedule
- Bundle A – Indian Sub Continent Broadcast: Base price in this category is Rs 49 crore per game. Overall 74 Games base price would be Rs 18,130 crore for five years.
- Bundle B – Digital rights Indian Sub-Continent: Base price for this package is Rs 33 crore per game. For five years, the calculation is Rs 12,210 crore.
- Bundle C: Non-Exclusive Package (DIGITAL): The much-debated special package is in Bundle C which comprises 18 games and the reserve price in this cluster is Rs 16 crore per game. At 74 games per season and calculated for five years, the price of this bundle is Rs 1440 crore. 18 Games in this package will be – Opening Match, 4 Playoff matches & 13 Evening Double Header matches
- Bundle D: Rest of the World Rights (Outside Sub-Continent): Base price for this package is Rs 3 crore per game. The combined value of the reserve price is Rs 1110. crore for five years.
Follow IPL Media Rights Tender LIVE Updates & Indian Cricket LIVE Updates with InsideSport.IN