IPL Media Rights Tender LIVE – IPL Rights E-Auction LIVE Updates: The IPL Rights Packages A and B are finally sold. Package C also has reached 1813 Cr level and the Bidding will now resume on Tuesday. Reliance Viacom has bagged the DIGITAL RIGHTS and Disney Star has retained Broadcasting rights of IPL 2023-27. BCCI earnings overall has reached 46,000 Crore level and can increase further tomorrow: Follow all IPL Tender LIVE Updates with InsideSport.IN
BCCI has finally got a price of 44,075 Crore ($5.64 BN) for A+B packages. The Digital BIDS were finally closed at 50 Crore per match. While broadcasting rights fetched 57.5 Crore.
This means for the first time ever IPL will have two SEPARATE BROADCASTERS.
DAY 2 Highlights: Overall BCCI’s earnings so far stands at 46,000 CRORE
- Viacom wins digital right for ₹20,500 crore. Digital is just 13% lower than the Broadcast Values.
- Indian Sub-Continent TV rights: Disney Star retains right for ₹23,575 crore
- The package has been sold for ₹44,075 crore.
- Package C: Bidding has reached 1813 Crore
- Package D: 3 of the 5 Rest of World Territories SOLD
- Auction will commence on Tuesday at 11PM.
- BCCI’s total earnings currently stands at 45,888 CRORE + Sale of Rest of World Territories (Commercials yet to be disclossed)
IPL Media Rights Tender: Disney Star retains BCCI’s broadcasting rights, Viacom BAGS IPL Digital, BCCI cross 46,000 Crore mark: Follow IPL E-Auction LIVE
Bids have closed at 44,075 Crore mark (USD 5.64 Billion).
According to latest info with InsideSport, Package A is is sold at 23,575 Cr (57.5 Cr Per Match). Package B of Digital Rights for India went for 20,500 Crore (50 Cr Per Match).
Overall Package A+B has got BCCI 107.5 CR per match. But the BCCI is yet confirm or give any official information about the same.
According to the BCCI – ‘NO ONE Knows the names at this stage other than the HIGHEST BIDDER himself’
- Package A – IPL Broadcast Rights Package SOLD at 57.5 CR
- Package B – IPL Digital Rights SOLD at 50 CR
- Package C – Currently at 18.5 Crore per match / Value at 1818 CR – In Progress
- Package D – 3 Of 5 Rest of World Territories sold.
IPL Media Rights Tender : IPL per match VALUE cross 100 Crore mark, OVERTAKES Premier League to…
IPL Media Rights Tender LIVE: Lalit Modi makes BIG & BOLD PREDICTION on MEDIA Rights Values,…
IPL Media Rights Tender: Day 2 Bidding starts at 11, BCCI already richer by 43,050 Crores: Follow IPL Tender LIVE UPDATES
DAY 2 starts
@15:00: Bidding for Package C starts
@14:45: PACKAGE B – Goes for 50 Crore per match / IPL to have separate LIVE Broadcast & LIVE Streaming Partners.
@13:34: Why Package B is going for RE-BIDDING? As per the IPL Tender – Package A Winner has been given option to challenge Digital Rights Winner i.e Package B. Package winner will be given the same right to challenge Package C – What does this mean?
- First thing: Broadcast & Digital Rights Winner are different
- Second thing: Now the Broadcast Winner also wants to acquire Digital Rights. The RE-BIDDING will start at 2PM.
@12:45: So BIG Question who has WON Package A and Package B? Market Speculations and RUMORS claims – SONY has won the Broadcast Rights for the Indian Sub-Continent – But no official word so far or from the BCCI Sources
- To clarify: Not even BCCI officials can see who is BIDDING. Only the BIDDER whose BID has been approved as the HIGHEST BID knows he has won the BID.
@12:30: Package A Winner has decided to challenge the Package B Winner for the DIGITAL Rights. The RE-BIDDING for Package will be done post 2PM.
@11:55 AM: Technically Package A Winner can still challenge the Package B Winner for the DIGITAL Rights. In case he does the same, the RE-BIDDING for Package will be done post 2PM.
Bids have closed at 43,255 Crore mark (USD 5.5 Billion). According to latest info with InsideSport, Package A is is sold at 23,575 Cr (57.5 Cr Per Match) and Package B of Digital Rights for India is at 19,680 Crore (48 Cr Per Match)
@11:30 AM: IPL Rights SOLD for 43,050 CRORE
- Package A – IPL Broadcast Rights Package SOLD at 57.5 CR
- Package B – IPL Digital Rights SOLD at 48 CR
- @10:45AM: These numbers will SHOCK advertisers – CHECK
Disney Star in IPL 2022 sold 10 Sec Spot for 14 LACS / At 43K Crore – SPOT will have to be sold at 40 LACS for Winner to BREAK-EVEN / 30 Sec Advertising SPOT more than 1 CR – Crazy this is – Prepare for the WINNER CURSE
- @10AM: Bidding will start at 11 – All Bidders are going very strong in the RACE and no one willing to GIVE-UP – Can anyone make monies with bidding already pass 43,000 mark? – UNLIKELY
DAY 1 Ended with BIDDING at the below stage
- IPL Per Match Value crosses 100 Cr / Now valued more than Premier League. Only NFL is more costly than IPL Rights
- IPL Digital RIGHTS stand at 48.04 Cr Per Match Value / Broadcast Rights for the Indian Sub-Continent at 57 Cr
Indian Sub-Continent BROADCAST RIGHTS: The primary fight is between Disney Star vs Sony Network vs Reliance Viacom18 for the
Digital Rights India: ZEE is bidding for the Digital Rights and competing with Disney Hotstar & Reliance Jio (Viacom18).
IPL Media Rights Tender: BCCI already richer by 43,000 Crores, Bidding to continue on Monday: Follow IPL Tender LIVE UPDATES
- @18:00: First DAY Bidding ENDS – DAY 2 will RESUME at 11 AM on Monday
- @17:45: BID for the DAY 1 Ends at 6PM – BCCI is already richer by 43,050 Crores / This means BID VALUE is already 2.5 times more than LAST TIME & All Bidders are still in fray.
- @17:15: IPL Per Match Value is comfortably pass 100 CR – As per the CURRENT BIDS: Package A is at 57 CR & Package B has already touched 48.04 Crores per Match. This means now digital rights alone are more than LAST PRICE of TOTAL IPL PACKAGE.
- @17:00: Just 1 Hour Left for the DAY – All Bidders still in RACE, Bids about to cross $5.5BN
- @16:45: The BID Currently is at 43,000 Crore – this is almost INR 7000 crore more than the overall base price of the full rights package.
- @16:40: IPL E-Auction is unlikely to finish today – The Deadline for the DAY is 6PM. With all BIDDERS still in fray – E-Auction will move to Monday
- @16:00: IPL Digital Rights Values Cross 19,000 Crore / IPL LIVE Broadcast Cross 23000 Crore – Total BID currently just for Indian Sub-Continent Rights stands at close to 42,000 Crore – All Bidders are reportedly still in fray
- @15:30: Bidding Restarts and the VALUE of IPL Rights Per Match crosses 100 Crore: Currently BIDS at 42,000 Crore
- @14:00: In 1st HALF of IPL E-AUCTION – Bidding for the RIGHTS has crossed 40,000 CR – That means already IPL Rights are more than DOUBLED from the current price
- @13:30PM: IPL Rights E-Auction to RESUME at 3:30PM: All bidders still in fray. ‘Numbers can’t be disclosed’, says BCCI Official.
- @12:41PM: 1st Day Auction will go on till 6 PM IST / Break will be taken at 1:30PM to 3PM
- @12:30PM: ZEE unlikely to BID for PACKAGE A / Package B & C is where Zee preferences lies as reported earlier by InsideSport. Sony Sports Network is bidding in the name of Culver Max Entertainment Private Limited for PACKAGE A
- @12:15 PM: Lalit Modi makes BIG & BOLD PREDICTION – IPL Rights will fetch more than USD 8 Billion – says can go up to even $10BN
- @11:55 AM: On Bidders request BCCI allows to Increase incremental BIDS to any amount above 50 LACS. Interestingly as the E-Auction MODULE is, no one from the BCCI or BIDDERS know who is BIDDING what? Only thing that comes on their SCREENS is the LAST BIDDED Amount.
- First on the Block is E-Auction for Package A & B – Simultaneous BIDS to be placed. 49 Crore base price for Package A / 33 Crore for Package B Let’s see who starts the bidding war. Bidders bidding for 410 Matches.
- @11:00 AM: Bidding Begins, Mjunction the E-auction agency is conducting the bidding
IPL Media Rights Tender: Check How E-Auction will work?
IPL Media Rights Tender – Bidder LIST
- Package A – Indian Subcontinent Broadcast: Reliance Viacom18, Disney Star, Sony Network, Zee (Unlikely to BID) – Bidding starts at 49 Crore, Incremental BID – 50 LACS
- Package B – Digital Indian Subcontinent: Reliance Viacom18 (Jio & Voot), Disney Star (Hotstar), Sony Network (SonyLIV), Zee (Zee5), Times Internet – Bidding starts at 33 Crore, Incremental BID – 50 LACS
- Package C – Non Exclusive: Package C Grouping: 18 or more consisting of opening match; Playoffs night games of double header – Incremental BID – 15 LACS
- Package D – Rest of World: SuperSport, FunAsia, Times Internet – Bidding starts at 3 Crore, Incremental BID – 10 LACS
IPL Media Rights Tender: Big Setback for BCCI, Amazon & Google pulls out, Star, Sony, Viacom, Times SUBMIT technical BIDS: Follow LIVE UPDATES
InsideSport has learnt from its sources that though ZEE has submitted their technical BID but will not BID for PACKAGE A. Their merger with Sony imminent, they are unlikely to play SPOIL-SPORT for their own partner.
“Why would ZEE Bid? Will they compete with their own partner SONY with whom they are merging very soon. No they won’t bid in the RACE”, said a source close to ZEE promoters.
The bids were evaluated TECHNICALLY by the BCCI Legal and finance committe team.
The bidders who qualified technically have advance to the BIDDING ROUND which will be conducted today.
IPL Media Rights Tender: Big Setback for BCCI, Amazon set to pullout from IPL Media Rights race: REPORT – Follow LIVE UPDATES
- Package A consists solely of TV rights for the Indian subcontinent only.
- Package B caters to digital rights only and exclusively for the Indian subcontinent.
- Package C contains digital rights for a special bouquet of matches, including the playoffs, for the Indian subcontinent only – NON-EXCLUSIVE Package
- Package D, which comprises rights for the Rest of the World for both TV and digital, is divided into two sub-categories: combined ROW or five individual regions.
- What matches comprise Package C?
- Package C comprises ‘Special Package’ matches. The number of matches in this package, the IPL has said, will vary depending on the total number of matches in the season.
- If the IPL comprises 74 matches (like IPL 2022), the Special Package will have 18 matches.
- If there are more than 74 matches in a season, then the Special Package matches will rise in steps of two for every additional 10 matches.
- Why its a SPECIAL PACKAGE is because it is a NON-EXCLUSIVE Package.
- How does the bidding process work?
Each of the four packages has a separate per match base price.
Bidders will need to list an amount that is at least the cumulative base price amount (74 x base price for each package). The highest bidder will get the rights for individual packages.
Follow IPL Media Rights Tender LIVE & IPL Tender LIVE Updates with InsideSport.IN